RE: st: gllamm dropping variables

From   "Bontempo, Daniel E" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: gllamm dropping variables
Date   Fri, 22 Mar 2013 14:39:37 +0000

Hi Stan.

The issue with xtlogit is that it collapses all non zero values into 1 category. I lose the "ordered logistic" aspect, or the information the levels between 0-1 would have contributed in the gllamm model with link(logit) and family(binomial).

In reading Stata Journal about the use of logit with binominal to model fractions (st0147), I understand glm had to be rewritten to allow this. I think gllamm may lack whatever was done to glm, and this causes it to drop everything.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Stas Kolenikov
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:16 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: gllamm dropping variables

Does this lead to a perfect prediction? At any rate, for random effect logistic models, I would use -xtlogit-, as it is faster, and probably more stable, than -gllamm-.

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (SSC)
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the position of my employer
-- http://stas.kolenikov.name