Re: st: Simple slope analysis for non-linear models

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Simple slope analysis for non-linear models
Date   Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:33:53 +0100

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Ebru Ozturk wrote:
> How do we calculate simple slopes for the effect of X on Y at three level of the moderator for Tobit analysis in Stata 10?

That depends on what it is that you are trying to explain. With a
-tobit- model there are multiple ways in which you can interpret your
dependent variable and the answer depends on which one you want to
use, see e.g. (Breen 1996).

I remember that you asked pretty much the same question some time ago,
and I gave you pretty much the same answer (probably with the same
reference). This is not because I am mean, but because it is
absolutely necesary that you and only you decide which interpretation
you choose. It is not that one way of interpreting the dependent
variable is right and the other is wrong, they just answer different
research questions. We obviously cannot tell you which research
question you should answer. That is your decision.

-- Maarten

Richard Breen (1996) Regression Models: Censored, Sample Selected, or
Truncated Data. Thousand Oaks: Sage.

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50