st: Multinomial regression with repeated measures

From   K Jensen <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Multinomial regression with repeated measures
Date   Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:45:39 +0000

Hi

I have a nominal variable that has seven levels. It is measured twice
(five years apart) on the same individuals. I visualize it as a matrix
with different transition probabilities of going from one state to
another over the five years.  My sample size is over 2,000 and the
smallest cell in the 7x7 matrix has seven obs in it. I would like to
model the changes in category membership between the two measurement
times by age, sex and other covariates.

I guess I want to do multinomial regression with repeated measures? Is
that possible in Stata?

Thankyou
Karin