Re: st: Routine for merging many text-files

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Routine for merging many text-files
Date   Fri, 15 Mar 2013 11:43:41 +0000

I don't know why you are trying to -merge- here. It sounds more like a
job for -append-. Just as you need a "long" structure for panel data,
so also new individuals and/or years need to be added in new
_observations_.

The help for -append- explains how to -append- several files at once.

So, it sounds to me like a loop over textfiles applying -reshape- and
-save-  followed by an -append-.

-fs- (SSC) is a convenience program for putting a set of filenames in
a list, usually as a preliminary to a -foreach- loop.

Nick