Re: st: Using value labels to create varlist

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Using value labels to create varlist
Date   Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:55:22 +0000

If you like -ds- for this purpose, -findname- (SJ) provides the same
functionality -- and more besides, which could be helpful for other
problems. It is a personal second take on -ds-. The help for
-findname- comments on the complicated history of -ds-.

The syntax here could be

findname, vallabel(LABA)

In addition to the examples in the help, here are two more

. findname, all(@ == @[1])

finds all variables that are actually constants.(If values are all
equal to each other, they are certainly equal to the first value, and
conversely.)

. findname, all(missing(@))

should then be guessable.

Nick