Re: st: sem - is it possible to drop error terms?

From   Jacob Felson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sem - is it possible to drop error terms?
Date   Tue, 12 Mar 2013 16:39:35 -0400

My syntax is below.  All covariances between latent variables should
be set to 0 *except* the covariance between A1 and A2, which is set to
1 for identical (MZ) twins and 0.5 for fraternal (DZ) twins, and the
covariance between C1 and C2, which is set to 1.

#delimit ;
sem (depression123_1 <- A1@a C1@c E1@e) (depression123_2 <- A2@a C2@c
E2@e) if inlist(sibtype,1,2),
var(e.depression123_1@0 e.depression123_2@0)
cov(e.depression123_1*e.depression123_2@0) cov(1: A1*A2@1) cov(2:
A1*[email protected]) cov(C1*C2@1) cov(A1*C1@0) cov(A1*C2@0) cov(A2*C1@0)
cov(A2*C2@0) cov(E1*A1@0) cov(E1*A2@0) cov(E1*A3@0) cov(E2*A1@0)
cov(E2*A2@0) cov(E2*C1@0) cov(E2*C2@0)
group(sibtype) nomeans noconstants ginvariant(mcoef mcons)
;

A path diagram of this type of model is shown in the image at the
link: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2202/5/49/figure/F1?highres=y.

Jacob Felson