st: STATA 12 very slow compared to STATA 10

From   Sara Borelli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: STATA 12 very slow compared to STATA 10
Date   Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:11:31 -0400

Dear all

some time ago I wrote a do file to perform sampling and other data
manipulations, data matrix operations and so. The program replicates
the same commands 500 times in a loop
When I did run this same program using STATA 10 it was taking about 15
minutes overall

My company switched to STATA 12 recently, and it is taking one hour
only for the first 100 replications.
Does anyone has any idea of what may be slowing things down so much?
thanks for any input you might have

Sara Borelli