Re: st: generating automated filenames together with -svmat-

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: generating automated filenames together with -svmat-
Date   Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:02:12 +0000

The following user-written programs are invoked here:

fs (SSC)
renvars (SJ)
dropmiss (SJ)

Please remember to explain where user-written programs you use come from.

However, that is not central to Michael's problem.

What seems to fail is

svmat XX, names(col)

and so I suggest asthe next step looking at the column names of your
matrix -XX-,  as

"names(col) uses the column names of the matrix to name the variables"
 (-svmat- help)

and my guess is simply that the column names are not suitable.
(Perhaps they are just numbers.)

Incidentally

rename renid idd
rename rengroup grr
tostring idd, replace force
tostring grr, replace force
gen id = idd + grr
destring id, replace
drop idd  grr

could be I think condensed to

gen long id = real(string(renid) + string(rengroup))
drop renid rengroup

although I worry about your use of -force-.

Nick