st: macro issue

From   "Dherani, Mukesh" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: macro issue
Date   Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:49:08 +0000

Dear all,
I am new to macro.  I am trying to carryout logistic regression with a number of options using if option, however, I am not getting my command being carried out. Below is what I am trying to do

If I use
local x var1 var2 varn
logistic y `x'   // when both of the rows are selected and run simultaneously in do file then command proceeds,

otherwise it returns without any results as below:

local x var1 var2 varn  // first ran this command

logistic y `x'   // then this. Result is blank..

I am using stata 10.
what is my mistake? I tried looking at FAQ but cannot simplify my query and=  got a number of answers not related to my issue.  thank you in advance.

Dr. Mukesh Dherani
Research Fellow
The University of Liverpool,
Division of Public Health,
Waterhouse Building,
Liverpool, L69 3GB

Tel: +44(0) 151 7955348
Email: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>