Re: st: test difference in marginal effects for the same dummy variable, computed first as difference and then as derivative

From   Joerg Luedicke <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: test difference in marginal effects for the same dummy variable, computed first as difference and then as derivative
Date   Mon, 4 Mar 2013 21:46:08 -0500

It does not seem to be clear (to me at least) what you are trying to
do. I also fail to see (contrary to your claim) that your first and
second -margins- call differ in any way. To me it looks like you do
the same thing twice, once with one variable, and then with another
which is a copy of the first one. Thus the -lincom- result of zero
looks perfectly reasonable to me, although I wonder how Stata lets you
refer to results from the first -margins- call after results from the
second call are -post-ed? Perhaps consider rephrasing your inquiry.

Joerg