Re: statalist-digest V4 #4807 (st: reliability with -icc- ) - Statistics as APPLIED science

From   Lenny Lesser <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: statalist-digest V4 #4807 (st: reliability with -icc- ) - Statistics as APPLIED science
Date   Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:37:23 -0800

Hi,
Thank you all for your comments.
Surely their is a methods and conceptual issue.
There is also a STATA question, which I was mostly discussing here.

The problem with our scale is that is wasn't meant for smartphone
apps.  We actually developed another shorter scale for this purpose
that we tested along side this.  The shorter scale had more agreement
between raters and ranked the apps similarly.  The reason the first
scale was so poor is that it asked detailed questions that were easy
to miss in looking at a smartphone app.  They were also repetitive and
similar.

For the STATA question, it appears that we've found the right solution.
Thank you all,
Lenny