Re: st: Fw: Unable to combine graphs using -grc1leg-

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Fw: Unable to combine graphs using -grc1leg-
Date   Thu, 28 Feb 2013 17:04:13 +0000

Hello,

Just to update everyone.  I produced the charts without using the graph
editor, and -grc1leg- worked fine.

Thank you for all of your help.

Many thanks,

Gillian

From:   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To:     [email protected]
Date:   28/02/2013 16:53
Subject:        Re: st: Fw: Unable to combine graphs using -grc1leg-
Sent by:        [email protected]

My guess is that your guess is right. What the graph editor does and
what -grc1leg- does might not marry happily.

Nick

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:17 PM,  <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello Scott and Nick,
>
> Many thanks for your replies.
>
> Scott, I can confirm that the below code also works for me so, as Nick
> said, it must be something about that charts themselves that are messing
> things up.
>
> Nick, I haven't got the word "key" mentioned in the charts.  However, I
do
> make a number of modifications to the individual charts using the graph
> editor, and I have discovered that -grc1leg- works fine on the
unmodified
> charts.  So it looks like something I am doing in the graph editor is
the
> culprit.  I'll try to keep my use of the graph editor to a minimum and
see
> if that helps.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Gillian
>

> From:   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
> To:     [email protected]
> Date:   28/02/2013 13:43
> Subject:        Re: st: Fw: Unable to combine graphs using -grc1leg-
> Sent by:        [email protected]
>

> The example below works:
>

> clear*
> sysuse auto
> reg price c.weight##c.mpg  i.rep
> qui margins, at(weight=(1500(500)5000)  rep=(1(1)5))
> marginsplot , plotdimension(rep78) noci name(graph1, replace)
> qui margins, at(mpg=(10(10)50)  rep=(1(1)5))
> marginsplot , plotdimension(rep78) noci name(graph2, replace)
> grc1leg graph1 graph2

ATTENTION:

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
for the addressee(s) only. If this message was sent to you in error,
you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it and
we request that you notify the sender immediately by return email.

Opinions expressed in this message and any attachments are not
necessarily those held by the Health and Safety Laboratory or any person
connected with the organisation, save those by whom the opinions were
expressed.

Please note that any messages sent or received by the Health and Safety
Laboratory email system may be monitored and stored in an information
retrieval system.
Think before you print - do you really need to print this email?

Scanned by MailMarshal - Marshal's comprehensive email content security
solution. Download a free evaluation of MailMarshal at www.marshal.com

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.