Re: st: Proportional Independent Variables

From   Joerg Luedicke <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Proportional Independent Variables
Date   Thu, 28 Feb 2013 01:43:00 -0500

I should have added that this is assuming that the omitted variable
has an effect of zero. If the effect of the omitted variable is
non-zero, then the estimates for the other variables are biased by an
amount equal to the effect size of the omitted predictor. For example,
if the effect for cnsx1 was 0.1 and the fifth variable (cnsx5) had an
effect of 0.1 as well, then the estimate for cnsx1 would be zero when
fitting the model without cnsx5 (in expectation).

Joerg