re: st: Mediate with non-binary treatment variable

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: st: Mediate with non-binary treatment variable
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:59:45 -0500

Brian,

Please read the Statalist FAQ regarding posting to the list. You will see
that we expect that a poster will tell us where they downloaded the program
from and any additional information to tell us discern which version, etc.
is being used.

Your posting highlights the importance of following the Statalist guidelines
since -mediate- is an older version of -medeff- which is a user-written
program (net sj 11-4 st0243). In the help file for -medeff- you will find
the papers that serve as the basis for this program:

Imai, K., L. Keele, and D. Tingley. 2010.  A general approach to causal
mediation analysis.  Psychological Methods 15: 309-334.

Imai, K., L. Keele, D. Tingley, and T. Yamamoto. 2010.  Causal mediation
analysis using R.  In Advances in Social Science Research Using R, ed. H. D.
Vinod, 129-154.  New York: Springer.

Imai, K., L. Keele, and T. Yamamoto. 2010.  Identification, inference, and
sensitivity analysis for causal mediation effects.  Statistical Sciences
        25: 51-71.

All these papers discuss different treatment, mediator and outcome variable
types....

Ariel