st: Adjusted median and standard error using quantile regression

From   Pham Ngoc Minh <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Adjusted median and standard error using quantile regression
Date   Tue, 26 Feb 2013 23:52:22 +0900

Dear Stata users,

I have recently posted my queries about using quantile regression, and
this time I further clarified the problem.

I wish to calculate age- and sex-adjusted median and its SE of
numerical variable (respvar) according to categorical
variable(expvar), and tried running two sets of commands as follows:

set seed 1001
Prog 1:
   xi: bsqreg respvar age sex i.expvar, reps(1000)
   adjust age sex, by(expvar) se  f(%9.1f)
  Results:
        ----------------------------------
   expvar |         xb        stdp
----------+-----------------------
        0 |       54.0       (1.5)
        1 |       60.0       (1.7)
        2 |       61.9       (3.5)
----------------------------------
     Key:  xb    =  Linear Prediction
           stdp  =  Standard Error

Prog 2:
  xi: bsqreg respvar age sex i.expvar,reps(1000)
  predictnl xb= xb(#1), se(stdp)
  tabstat  xb stdp, by(expvar) f(%9.1f)

  Results:
     expvar |        xb      stdp
---------+--------------------
       0 |      54.2       2.2
       1 |      59.9       2.2
       2 |      61.8       4.0
   Total |      57.3       2.5

I'm not sure if the above commands are correct. I'd appreciate your suggestion.

Thank you

Ngoc Minh Pham

Thai Nguyen University College of Medicine and Pharmacy,
Faculty of Public Health, Vietnam.