Re: st: Growth Mixture Modelling commands in gllamm

From   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Growth Mixture Modelling commands in gllamm
Date   Thu, 21 Feb 2013 05:35:31 -0600

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 3:47 AM, Cheryl Stopford
<[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm pretty convinced that I need to use a
> Growth Mixture Modelling technique to look at the data in a meaningful
> way but I'm really not very sure how to go about it.

The recent Stata Press book "Multilevel and Longitudinal Modeling
Using Stata, Third Edition; Volume I: Continuous Responses" by Sophia
Rabe-Hesketh and Anders Skrondal has a chapter on growth curve models
(http://www.stata-press.com/books/multilevel-longitudinal-modeling-stata/)
:

7 Growth-curve models
7.1 Introduction
7.2 How do children grow?
7.2.1 Observed growth trajectories
7.3 Models for nonlinear growth
7.3.1 Polynomial models
Fitting the models
Predicting the mean trajectory
Predicting trajectories for individual children
7.3.2 Piecewise linear models
Fitting the models
Predicting the mean trajectory
7.4 Two-stage model formulation
7.5 Heteroskedasticity
7.5.1 Heteroskedasticity at level 1
7.5.2 Heteroskedasticity at level 2
7.6 How does reading improve from kindergarten through third grade?
7.7 Growth-curve model as a structural equation model
7.7.1 Estimation using sem
7.7.2 Estimation using xtmixed
7.8 Summary and further reading
7.9 Exercises

There is also a glamm companison to Volume 1 (
http://www.gllamm.org/gllamm_companion.pdf ) that has section on
estimating growth curve models.

Scott