Re: st: RE: How to perform a Wald test between the fixed effect...

From   John Antonakis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: How to perform a Wald test between the fixed effect...
Date   Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:02:57 +0100

Hi Frank.

Can you use the nlswork dataset shipped with Stata and work with the example I gave you? I am not sure what it is you want to do any more. I thought you wanted to see whether a time invariant predictor was significant. That is the test that the estimate (in my example of race) is not equal to zero....that is the test you want which for 1 parameter is equal to a Wald test, e.g., by using -test race-

eg..,

clear
webuse nlswork
xtset idcode
xtreg ln_w race age , fe r
bys idcode: egen mean_race = mean(race)
xtreg ln_w race age , re r
test race
dis sqrt(r(chi2))

Which equals the z value, 7.37, from the model.

Best,
J.

John Antonakis
Professor of Organizational Behavior