Re: st: Need help with regular expression

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Need help with regular expression
Date   Sun, 17 Feb 2013 14:08:42 +0000

The regular expression being sought is different.

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data-management/regular-expressions/

explains Stata's syntax here. $ has a special interpretation as the
end of a string.

By the way an entire line such as

di regexm("show us", " us$")

is a command, not a function. Commands can include function calls;
indeed that is the only way that Stata functions can be used.

Nick