Re: st: Wrong results for Wilcoxon signed ranks test when data have decimal places (even using double)

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Wrong results for Wilcoxon signed ranks test when data have decimal places (even using double)
Date   Thu, 14 Feb 2013 16:42:00 +0000

If you change Stata's code, you take total responsibility.

Also, there is a fundamental misunderstanding here. Using -round()-
with a second argument that is a power of 10 less than 1 is not a way
to get exact decimal arithmetic.

The only "fix" for this problem, I believe, is for users to work with
integer equivalents according to how digits they believe to be exact,
which is what you re-created earlier by multiplying by 100 for your
example. But that has to be at users' discretion.

Nick