st: Error r(601) when running do file on using mac ox (lion)

From   "Miriam W. Oiro Omolo" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Error r(601) when running do file on using mac ox (lion)
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:51:53 +0300

Dear Statlist

I have recently changed from running stata 11.2 on windows to MacBook Pro .

When running a do file I get the following error message:

file Users//Documents/My_Documents//CENSUS//Outdata/POP_REC_W.dta not found
r(601);

 error . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Return code 601
        file __________ not found;
        The filename you specified cannot be found.  Perhaps you mistyped
        the name, or it may be on another diskette or directory.  If you
        are a Macintosh user, perhaps you had an unintentional blank at the
        beginning or ending of your filename when it was created. In Finder,
        click on the file to blacken the name.  If you see anything other
        than a thin, even space on each side of the name, rename the file
        to eliminate the leading and trailing space characters.

I have gone through the help file and tried renaming my files without success. I have not seen any solutions provided in the statlist  archives on how to overcome this problem.

Can someone assist?
Thanks
Miriam