st: RE: Allowing different lag lengths by country in an error correction model with panel data

From   "Millimet, Daniel" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Allowing different lag lengths by country in an error correction model with panel data
Date   Tue, 12 Feb 2013 21:14:23 +0000

There is a lengthy literature in time series models with irregular spacing.  The literature on dynamic panel models is smaller and the problem is complex.

Dufour, J.-M. and M.G. Dagenais (1985), "Durbin-Watson Tests for Serial Correlation in Regressions with Missing Observations," Journal of Econometrics, 27, 371-381.
Dunsmuir, W. and P.M. Robinson (1981), "Estimation of Time Series Models in the Presence of Missing Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, 76, 560-568.
Harvey, A.C. and R.G. Pierse (1984), "Estimating Missing Observations in Economic Time Series," Journal of the American Statistical Association, 79, 125-131
Jones, R.H. (1980), "Maximum Likelihood Fitting of ARMA Models to Time Series with Missing Observations," Technometrics, 22, 389-395.
Jones, R.H. (1985), "Time Series Analysis with Unequally Spaced Data," in E.J. Hannan, P.R. Krishnaiah, and M.M. Rao (eds) Handbook of Statistics, Vol. 5: Time Series in the Time Domain, New York: North-Holland, 157-177.
Jones, R.H. (1986), "Time Series Regression with Unequally Spaced Data," Journal of Applied Probability, 23, 89-98.
Jones, R.H. and F. Boadi-Boateng (1991), "Unequally Spaced Longitudinal Data with AR(1) Serial Correlation," Biometrics, 47, 161-175.
Kohn, R. and C.F. Ansley (1986), "Estimation, Prediction, and Interpolation for ARIMA Models with Missing Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, 81, 751-761.
Palm, F.C. and T.E. Nijman (1984), "Missing Observations in the Dynamic Regression Model," Econometrica, 52, 1415-1435.
Robinson, P.M. (1985), "Testing for Serial Correlation in Regression with Missing Observations," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series B, 47, 429-437.
Rosner, B. and A. Munoz (1988), "Autoregressive Modelling for the Analysis of Longitudinal Data with Unequally Spaced Examinations," Statistics in Medicine, 7, 59-71.
Ryan, K.F. and D.E.A. Giles (1998), "Testing for Unit Roots in Economic Time-Series with Missing observations," in T. B. Fomby and R. C. Hill (eds.) Advances in Econometrics, 13, 203-242.
Savin, N.E. and K.T. White (1978), "Testing for Autocorrelation with Missing Observations," Econometrica, 46, 59-67.
Shin, D.W. and S. Sarkar (1994a), "Unit Roots for ARIMA(0,1,q) Models with Irregularly Observed Samples," Statistics and Pobability Letters, 19, 188-194.
Shin, D.W. and S. Sarkar (1994b), "Likelihood Ratio Type Unit Root Tests for AR(1) Models with Nonconsecutive Observations," Comunications in Statistics: Theory and Methods, 23, 1387-1397
Shively, T.S. (1993), "Testing for Autoregressive Disturbances in a Time Series Regression with Missing Observations," Journal of Econometrics, 57, 233-255.

Daniel L. Millimet, Professor
Department of Economics
Box 0496
SMU