Re: st: GLLAMM versus XTMEPOISSON

Subject   Re: st: GLLAMM versus XTMEPOISSON
Date   Tue, 12 Feb 2013 11:03:50 -0600

Ana,

these are the parameters of the Cholesky decomposition of the
variance-covariance matrix. The lns are the natural logs of the
diagonal elements, and atr is the (hyperbolic?) arctan of the
correlation. -gllamm- produces appropriately transformed coefficients
in the output, but I don't think the matrix of the random effect
appears in the output or saved -e()- results.

Try running -xtmepoisson- using -gllamm-'s results as starting values,
and vice versa. May be you are finding local optima. Also, try
changing the number of integration points, that's a crucial parameter
in numeric integration of mixed models.

--
-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (SSC)  ::  http://stas.kolenikov.name
-- Senior Survey Statistician, Abt SRBI  ::  work email kolenikovs at