Re: st: Why do `test' and a`test' make a difference?

From   daniel klein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Why do `test' and a`test' make a difference?
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:58:01 +0100

I guess

[M-5] tokenget() -- Advanced parsing

is the best place to start, if you want to get deeper into this. This
is, to my knowledge, the place where parsing is documented in greatest
detail.

btw. I realized that "unsensical" is in itself a nonsensical word. My
appologies for my poor english.

Best
Daniel

--
I am not aware of a single source that documents in one place how
Stata parses command lines. My wild idea is that it would be too

My own main rule is too elementary and too homespun to be much use,
namely that it's best to assume that Stata is right by its own rules
and that misunderstandings have to be treated by trying to see what
you typed from her point of view, token by token, left to right, top
down, and very slowly.

Nick