Re: st: How to drop missing values by period?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to drop missing values by period?
Date   Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:25:15 +0000

Thanks for the example. Stata usually takes care of this for you in that

1. A command uses as many as observations as possible.

2. Most statistical commands ignore missing values.

But in your example

. drop if missing(x1, x2)

will drop observations if either -x1- or -x2- is missing. It's not
clear to me that you need to think of this period by period, as that
makes no difference to the outcome.

Nick