Re: st: Q on reg3 output for model fit

From   Jason R Franken <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Q on reg3 output for model fit
Date   Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:47:41 -0600 (CST)

Thanks John,

By the way, when I tried -overid- after 3SLS, STATA returned the following error message
"overid works only after ivreg, ivreg2; use overidxt after xtivreg" ...

Jason

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Antonakis" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:22:41 AM
Subject: Re: st: Q on reg3 output for model fit

OK...that chi-square is just a Wald test that the predictors
simultaneously = 0. It is not an overidentification statistic. You
should run that statistic in any case if you are overidentified by using
the userwritten command -overid- (available from SSC) to ensure that the
model constraints are tenable.  After running reg3 just type -overid-.
Although a negative r-square is not necessarily a bad thing, it could
indicate misspecification, and the overidentification stat will catch that.

Best,
J.

P.S. it is always good and saves everyone time if you post your output
so we are all on the same page.

John Antonakis
Professor of Organizational Behavior
Director, Ph.D. Program in Management