st: Problems with -ssm

From   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problems with -ssm
Date   Wed, 6 Feb 2013 00:04:41 +0100 (CET)

I am trying to run a sample selection model for count data

pages is the count data variable
attract is an indicator, that makes the sample selection,
when =1 I have pages, when =0 pages is missing

I am rying to run -ssm, downloaded on from ssc, written by Alfonso Miranda & Sop
hia Rabe-Hesketh
-ssm is a wrapper for gllamm to estimate Endogenous-Switch & Sample Selection Co
unt, Binary & Ordinal Response Regression by maximum likelihood using adaptive q
uadrature. It needs STATA 9.1.

I run the following model in STATA 10 (I have installed -gllamm):

.ssm pagesm t banner posters qrbillboard qrmagazine qrnewspaper qrnonewspaper, s
witch(
> attract= lag1visitors lag2visitors) selection family(poisson) link(log) robust

I get the following error:
qrbillboard not found
r(111);

or else I get

posters not found
r(111);

and so on.
Sometimes I get
variable id not found

or
attract ambiguous abbreviation
or
variable __000002 not found

or

initial vector: matrix must be dimension 14
(error occurred in ML computation)
(use trace option and check correctness of initial model)
equation id1_1l not found
r(111);

or
variable end not found
equation id1_1l not found
r(111);

I cannot figure out what it is going on.
I will greatly appreciate any help

Best
Paolo Di Betta
University of Palermo