Re: st: Stata 13 wishlist

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 13 wishlist
Date   Wed, 2 Jan 2013 18:39:46 +0000

I have already asserted that

"All graph users would like to see a single -graph- command that would
 produce the final graph, but I gather that's not possible in general."

I think StataCorp are, if possible, even keener than we are on the
principle that what is done is reproducible by command syntax.

But it's my understanding from comments by StataCorp developers -- at
users' meetings and elsewhere -- that there are good (i.e. compelling)
reasons for the present situation, for example that some changes
appear to be possible via the Graph Editor that are not available via
the command syntax.

Clearly I don't speak for StataCorp and certainly can not, and do not,
rule out the possibility that rewriting some of the code will solve
this problem, but if guesses are allowed I imagine that to be
unlikely.

Nick