st: Does Stata 12 for MAC support other language characters in do-file editor?

From   Frank <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Does Stata 12 for MAC support other language characters in do-file editor?
Date   Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:01:36 +0800

Dear Statalisters,

I am using Stata 12 for MAC. When I tried to write in Chinese
characters in do files, some troubles came.

At first, everything seems to be  fine. The Chinese characters can be
showed correctly. But  when you save the do-file, and then reopen it,
all Chineses characters strangely turns into "?????" .

I tried to adjust some items in  "preference" for do-file editors to
write down codes, such as in some Chinese Fonts supported by MAC, but
it doesn't work at all.  Because I am using a data set with some
variables' values in Chinese, so I can't run Stata without Chinese in
do-file.  By the way, when I used to run Stata 11 for Windows, I never
had this problem.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?  Thanks a lot  in advance.

Best wishes

Frank