Re: st: Tabulate summary statistics by percentiles and save output

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Tabulate summary statistics by percentiles and save output
Date   Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:59:21 +0000

One problem here is where you think Stata is looking for saved results such as r(p1). Either non-missing values are accessible because they were left behind by some _previous_ command; or Stata will use missing values, which in your case will result in lack of restriction on the observations used. It's not an error to refer to saved results that don't exist.

At least at the start of your first loop no such non-missing values are (likely to be) present.

You refer here to several user-written commands but in no case do you explain where they come from.

Nick