Re: st: Creating a Variable for the average by subgroup for a panel dataset

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Creating a Variable for the average by subgroup for a panel dataset
Date   Fri, 28 Dec 2012 09:54:34 -0500

Making some assumptions about your variable names, this should work:

 bysort sex agecat state : egen avgincome=mean(income)

Jeph