st: two-way frequency table using -tabout-

From   Clinton Thompson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: two-way frequency table using -tabout-
Date   Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:52:17 +0100

Hello All,
I'm using Ian Watson's -tabout- (ssc describe tabout) to create and
output two-way frequency tables to LaTeX.  In the tables I'm trying to
create, I want the N to be placed above the row percent (which is
doable) but I don't want any text in the leftmost column indicating
that the values are the N and row percents.  I want, essentially, the
table to be output as if it were created using -tab var1 var2, row
chi2-.  The code I'm using follows:

tabout var1 var2 using foo.tex, replace cells(freq row) format(0 1)
stats(chi2) layout(row) ///
clab(N Row_%) style(tex) bt font(bold) topstr(14cm) topf(top.tex)
botf(bot.tex) ///
botstr(.)

Even if I change the -clab()- option to a null value or omit it
altogether, the (default) text remains.  I've read the help
documentation and searched the Statalist archives with little success
so any suggestions or workarounds are much appreciated.

I'm using Stata/SE 11.2 for Windows.

Many thanks!
Clint Thompson