st: Random effect Cox Regression_Shared() option in stcox

From   Sanam P <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Random effect Cox Regression_Shared() option in stcox
Date   Tue, 4 Dec 2012 22:10:14 -0800 (PST)

Dear Statalist

In the project I am working on, I have both patient level factors and hospital level factors to look at (e.g. age, gender, type of hospital(public/private) etc).
 I would like to fit a random effect cox regression model to be able to account for clustering of patients within hospitals and also to investigate the effect of both individual level and hospital level factors on the outcome.

Just would like to double check whether this can be done using "shared(hospital)" option in stcox?

stcox age i.gender i.hosptype, shared(hospital)

Any comment would be very useful and very much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Sanam