Re: st: question about multiple imputation for repeated measures in panel data

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: question about multiple imputation for repeated measures in panel data
Date   Tue, 4 Dec 2012 15:23:39 -0500

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Michael Chavez Reilly
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Any thoughts, advice, suggestions or ideas on whether using MI with so
> many repeated measures is legitimate would be incredibly appreciated!
> For example, should I drop my quest and try Max likelihood estimation
> inn MPLUS instead?

Well in all honesty It's not a bad idea to try it both ways, but I
think you're likely to run into problems either way because full
information ML is likely to be in deep trouble due to perfect
prediction, too. MPlus gives you more options given that you can use
Bayesian estimation and get away with models that are very close to
the model you want but not identified due to perfect prediction.