st: Need Help with Datamanagement and Survival analysis

From   "Dudekula, Anwar" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Need Help with Datamanagement and Survival analysis
Date   Sun, 2 Dec 2012 05:41:22 +0000

Hi,

I need help with stata code

In the following dataset :

Telephone : Is a phone call made by the patient.
Office Visit: is a clinicl visit
Inpatient: is admission to hospital

I am trying to find a set of patients in whom a Telephone(Type of Encounter)is followed by Inpatient(Type of Encounter) without any interspread Office Visit

My stata code was keep if (Type of Encounter=="Telephone"|Type of Encounter=="Inpatient") but I got lot of observations with successive telephone calls followed by inpatien.

I only want to see only those observations if a telephone is followed by Inpatient(event) or only telephone(censored) ; Is there  a stata code for it .

In next step, is there any stata macro to convert that to survival dataset format if failure= havig inpatient admission after telephone call in observed timeperiod(year 2011)

Pt Name	 Date	      Type of Encounter
--------------------------------------
pt x	4-Apr-11	Office Visit
pt x	20-May-11	Telephone