[no subject]

From: Emily Watson [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 21 November 2012 21:58
To: Seed, Paul
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Interpretation of the Bland-Altman method on Stata

Dear Paul,

Thanks for your reply - I have now joined the Stata list

I am using Stata/IC 12.1, these are the codes I used and the Stata output:

. gen energy_log_r = log( energypd_r)

. gen energy_log_q = log( energypd_q)

. baplot energy_log_r energy_log_q

Bland-Altman comparison of energy_log_r and energy_log_q
Limits of agreement (Reference Range for difference): -0.939 to  0.099
Mean difference: -0.420 (CI -0.462 to -0.379)
Range :  7.108 to  8.911
Pitman's Test of difference in variance: r = -0.212, n = 153, p = 0.012

. baplot energy_log_q energy_log_r

Bland-Altman comparison of energy_log_q and energy_log_r
Limits of agreement (Reference Range for difference): -0.099 to  0.939
Mean difference:  0.420 (CI  0.379 to  0.462)
Range :  7.108 to  8.911
Pitman's Test of difference in variance: r =  0.212, n = 153, p = 0.009

My main question is, in which order should I put the variables? The record is the reference method (energypd_r) and I know from looking at the data that the energypd_r is lower than the energypd_q, so I would like to say that the questionnaire overestimates energy by X amount compared to the record but I'm not sure which output to use.
When you say it is not designed to use logged data, does that mean it will not work?

Kind regards
Emily