RE: st: Super-Columns with Esttab

From   Lance Erickson <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Super-Columns with Esttab
Date   Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:07:05 +0000

The -esttab- command is (what I think they call) a wrapper for -estout- (both commands on SSC by Ben Jann) so the options available for -estout- will work. There is a -mgroups- option that will do what you want if I am understanding your issue correctly.

If you have a 4-column matrix the option would be something like...

-mgroups("Domestic" "International", pattern(1 0 1 0)-

That would put the first super-column label (domestic) over the first two columns and the second super-column label (international) over the third and fourth columns.

HTH,
Lance

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of "Rita Frühwald"
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 7:06 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Super-Columns with Esttab

Hi,
Thank you for your fast reply, but unfortunately, this solution did not solve my problem. I guess that the problem is that I am trying to add super-columns in a matrix using esttab. To create the several columns of my matrix, I use the stored columns in e() that I can get after I ran the several t-test with estpost. I am not running a regression.

The reason why I want to have these supercolumns is that it want to show that the columns N_1 and mu_1 both belong to "Domestic" and that the columns N_2 and mu_2 belong to "Foreign".

Isn't there a command in esttab that allows me to add super-columns above my matrix so that I can demonstrate that several columns belong together?

Best

-------- Original-Nachricht --------