Re: Re: Re: st: Question on estimation procedure

From   Elena Quercioli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: Re: st: Question on estimation procedure
Date   Wed, 14 Nov 2012 15:36:13 -0500

I am unsure if I properly communicated that the exponents d1 and 2 are
known, and need not be estimated. To wit, the model *is* identified,
as we can see quickly by recursive reasoning:
1. By varying X_1, we pin down c_1,
2. then by varying X_2 or by varying X_3, since we know c_1, we can pin down a.

In fact, it is overidentified (too few parameters for the data), and I
want Stata to pick the best fit.

I wanted to know how to do this in Stata. Thank you for your help.

Cheers Elena