st: wtpcikr for models not estimated in STATA

From   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: wtpcikr for models not estimated in STATA
Date   Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:17:28 -0500

Good day.

I am using a different program to run my models. I used this program
to export the coefficient estimates as well as the varcov matrix and
then imported these into Stata. As such, these are the two pieces of
information I currently have: b1 (the coefficient vector) and varcov1
(the varcov matrix).

I specified the varcov and the b1 so that price is my first variable
and the ASC (capturing the utility of choosing the status quo option)
is the last. I did this because the help file specifies that the bid
variable should be the first variable specified after wtpcikr and the
constant the last.

Now, if I type
wtpcikr  price_c1 miles5_c1 miles8_c1 miles12_c1 asc_c1, bmat(b1) vmat(varcov1)

Then I get the error message:
last estimates not found
r(301);

Can anyone help me with what I am doing wrong? When I look through
your help file, the one thing I see I don't have is the mymean(.)
option. Is this required? If so, how would I obtain this? The data at
hand is from a choice experiment and price_c1 etc. represent the
coefficients on the price variable and miles5_c1 represents the
utility associated with the a level of 5 miles. I'm not sure what
would go in the mymean () vector.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated!
Have a lovely day.
Sanja