st: Calculate product from two dta files

From   Zhangqunzi <[email protected]>
To   Stats <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Calculate product from two dta files
Date   Tue, 6 Nov 2012 21:45:46 +0100

Dear All,

I have two dta files having the same structure :

Dta1
time firm price 1 2 3 4
 19700701.   0.1.   12.  14.  3
Dta2
 Time firm share 1 2 3 4
19700701.    10   20. 30. 40

I want to get the product of price*share then generate a new dat file to store the result.

The varlists from dta1,2 are not the same, eg p1 p3 p5. S1 S3 S5. Also the numbers are not continuous numbers.

Also my cimputer's memory is not enough only 730mb, the two dtas are 600mb, if u calculate the product in one dta file it will exceed the memory limit.

Thanks a lot in advance