Re: st: Re: Stata matrix to Mata matrix form - Turn lower diagonal matrix

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: Stata matrix to Mata matrix form - Turn lower diagonal matrix
Date   Thu, 1 Nov 2012 17:11:46 +0000

I mean what is the element in row 1 and column 2 of your matrix?

mat_s2[1,2]

will display it in Mata.

I may be missing something important, but I don't understand how your
matrix can display like that unless it is symmetric.

Nick