Re: st: Search Notes

From   "William Gould, StataCorp LP" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Search Notes
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:06:20 -0500

Pedro Nakashima <[email protected]> reports the following
Stata output:

        . clear all

        . input a b c

                     a          b          c
          1. 1 2 3
          2. 4 5 6
          3. 7 8 9
          4. end

        .
        . note a: is the 44 a mistake? Ask Bob.

        . note a: what bout the two missing values?

        . note a: Pedro Nakashima

        . notes search Pedro
        Pedro: not found

        . _

The above is a recreation by me on my computer.  Pedro writes,

> I don't know what's happening.

It's clearly a bug.  As I said, I've reproduced Pedro's report on my
computer.   I haven't looked into the cause but I have already turned
it over to others here at StataCorp to fix.

I expect the fix will be in the next ado-file update.

I can tell Pedro that the notes are stored correctly, so there is no
issue of corruption.  The problem is that -notes search- is simply
not finding something that it should find.

-- Bill