Re: st: intcens: how to estimate mean and variance after intcens

From   Yoann Madec <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: intcens: how to estimate mean and variance after intcens
Date   Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:43:54 +0200

Thanks steve for your comments, and sorry not to have mention the source of the intcens command.

After reading the help page for stpm, I still do not manage to make it work with interval-censored data.

As a test, I have written:

	gen date_left_censoring=seroco_d

	stset date_deb_periode1, scale(365.25) origin(seroco_d)

	failure(hiv_controleur_bis)

In this case, I should have no interval-censored data, but strictly right-censored data.
However, here is what STATA states:

. xi: stpm i.gender if num_v==1, stpmdf(6) scale(hazard) left(date_left_censoring)
i.gender          _Igender_1-2        (naturally coded; _Igender_1 omitted)
date_left_censoring>_t in some observations

I have been trying many things without success.

I hope someone can help.

Best regards,
Yoann