st: interviewereffect-multilevelmodeling

From   Srinivas <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: interviewereffect-multilevelmodeling
Date   Wed, 24 Oct 2012 03:47:38 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all
I am fairly new to STATA and multilevel modeling.
I recently conducted a survey in India on elder abuse. The sample size is 902 (31 respondents from 30 clusters) elderly persons, one elderly person from one household.

I employed a two stage sampling design. The initial number of villages ([PSUs], lowest rural administrative unit) was 30. But probability proportional to sampling size yielded only 17 villages i.e. villages with larger population size were considered as more than one site.

The dependent variable is elder mistreatment (presence of abuse-1)
I intend to find out risk factors of elder mistreatment using logistic regression
My questions are as follows
1.	I understand that I could control for the cluster effects using Svyset command
2.	I also need to control for interviewer effects. Could someone suggest as to how I should do it in STATA 12.
3.	If I were to consider going for multilevel analysis (cluster level data) Should I consider the PSUs as only 17 villages or should I consider it as 30 clusters?

I would greatly appreciate if you could clarify my doubts.
Thanking you in advance for your time.

Sincerely
Srinivasan Chokkanathan
NUS