st: Adjusted Prevalence from Logistic models

From   Dean Eurich <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Adjusted Prevalence from Logistic models
Date   Wed, 24 Oct 2012 00:18:57 -0600

Hi all,

A simple question. If I run a logistic model:

logistic BB age sex rural

I get the OR for the effect of rural (which is a flag for rural=0 or urban=1 dwelling) on the use of beta blockers (medication used to treat cardiovascular disease).

A reviewer has asked for us to present the adjusted prevalence for the use of BB by rural and urban status. I am not to sure how to do this.

I assume I could use the 'margin' command.

So would it be as simple as

 margins rural, atmeans

(Although I realize I could do it as specific levels of sex and age as well)

Thanks

Dean