RE: st: most requested *simple* features to help SPSS users transition

From   "David Radwin" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: most requested *simple* features to help SPSS users transition
Date   Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

As far as I know there is no experimental or quasi-experimental study
comparing the relative advantages and disadvantages of various statistical
software packages for teaching purposes. However, this report, based on
the long experience of statistical consultant Michael Mitchell, concluded
that Stata was easier to teach than SPSS or SAS.

Mitchell, M. N. (2005). Strategically using General Purpose Statistics
Packages: A Look at Stata, SAS and
SPSS (Technical Report Series, Report Number 1, Version Number 1).
Statistical Consulting Group:
UCLA Academic Technology Services.
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/technicalreports/number1_editedFeb_2_2007/ucl
a_ATSstat_tr1_1.1_0207.pdf