Re: st: RE: How do I properly tell Stata this data is Panel Data?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: How do I properly tell Stata this data is Panel Data?
Date   Sat, 13 Oct 2012 10:07:00 +0100

The easy solution was to do what I suggested.

If contrary to appearances, -year- and -quarter- were string variables
then the call to -yq()- would be

yq(real(year), real(quarter))

Otherwise, convert your string date variable to numeric with a
conversion function identified after reading -help dates and times-.

Note that you don't show the exact commands you used; see advice in the FAQ.

Nick

From: "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>