st: Alternatives to clogit?

From   Wameq Raza <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Alternatives to clogit?
Date   Wed, 10 Oct 2012 01:43:56 +0200

Hello members,
At this I point I don't have a question pertaining to STATA rather
about potential modeling choices.
The point of my paper is to see the determinants of health seeking
behaviour and I have a list of
5 providers with "no care" as a base alternative. Upon running the
Hausman test I discovered that
my alternatives do in fact violate the IIA properties and I was forced
to deviate from the mixed logit
model. As for the case specific variables, I'm using the MNP model,
but I'm somewhat confused
about how to proceed in terms of the alternative specific variables
such as cost and distance.

One potential alternative I've been reading about is the conditional
probit model, but the predominant
impression I get is that beyond 4-5 alternatives, the results are
quite dubious. Can any one suggest
any potential solutions?

My apologies for the non-STATA related question, but I'd very much
appreciate any help I could get!
Best
Wameq

--