Re: st: levpet - loops and varying results

From   "Brian P. Poi" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: levpet - loops and varying results
Date   Tue, 09 Oct 2012 14:37:08 -0500

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:54 PM, SAM MCCAW<[email protected]>  wrote:
Hello All,

I am running into 2 problems with running levpet.

(Problem No. 1):

When I run levpet industry by industry it works fine. But when I do
the same thing with the following loop I get an error message.

So the individual command is as follows:

                  eststo: levpet lnY if industryno_5 == 1, free (lnl)
proxy (lnM) capital (lnK1) revenue

And, my loop command is as follows:

         foreach i of varlist  industryno_1 - industryno_23 {
                         eststo: levpet lnY if `i' == 1, free (lnl) proxy (lnM) capital
(lnK1) revenue reps (50)
                         predict lnY_hatind_`i', omega
                         gen lnTFPind_`i' = lnY -  lnY_hatind_`i'
                         }

The error message when using the loop is as follows for the same
industry which worked fine when run through an individual command:

         .......insufficient observations
         error #2001 occurred in program nllp_bs_gmm

(Problem no. 2)

When running levpet industry by industry, the stata output keeps
varying for P>|z| values. So everytime I run the same command I get a
different P>|z| value although the coeffecients remain the same. Is
there a way to restrict this?