st: Dissimilarity matrix in sequence/cluster analysis

From   Sarah Park <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Dissimilarity matrix in sequence/cluster analysis
Date   Wed, 3 Oct 2012 02:15:18 -0700

I need to export my dissimilarity matrix into excel and divide the
distance measure by the longest sequence in the dataset since
sequences of different length are used. The Stata Journal article
Sequence analysis with Stata suggested standardizing the distance
measure this way.

I am able to copy the table into excel and divided the distance
measures. However, I am not sure how to put this back into Stata, in
order to sqclusterdat and clustermat.

I see input matrix by hand, but would it recognize that it's
dissimilarity matrix? My matrix is quite huge and I prefer some other
way. Would mkmat work? How would I do it?

Thank you.