st: FW: SEM

From   "Tucker, Graeme (Health)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: FW: SEM
Date   Wed, 3 Oct 2012 13:33:08 +0930

I have used Stata 12 to fit an exploratory factor analysis with an orthogonal rotation. There are 8 manifest variables and two latent variables. The model has a path from each latent variable to every manifest variable, with three constraints on the model. One path from each latent variable has been set to unity, and the correlation between the latent variables is set to zero. Stata fits the model and provides the outputs I need.

My problem is that the model should be unidentified. It certainly is in AMOS and LISREL. How does Stata get around this problem? It produces estimates that in my case make perfect sense, and with the expected degrees of freedom.

Graeme Tucker
Tel: 08 8226 6358
Email: [email protected]